Friday 27 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - What I love on my covers


 Wonderfully hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Here are my ten things I love on book covers! Some of them are less trends then just individual books that grabbed my attention. :)

1) Black and white covers.

Hollow City by Ranson Riggs

 2) When the cover is relevant to the story.

(I also really like how the red stands out on this book cover.)

3) Simplicity.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell & A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

4) When it looks ethereal.

Splintered by A. G. Howard

5) Real people - when they're tastefully done.

(In all honesty, it's really rare to find one with an actual person on it that I like. I didn't like The Mortal Instruments covers, but I thought The Infernal Devices covers were really pretty. Especially this one.)

6) Moody looking book covers.

Stonewylde by Kit Berry & Ultraviolet by S. J. Anderson

7) Pretty fonts.
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce & hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

8) Illustrated covers.
Sisters Red & Sweetly by Jackson Pearce 

9) When there's no advertisement on the front.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 

(So it's not really an advertisement in this case, but it really stands out over the cover and it looks like a sticker. It annoys me.)

10) When hardbacks have a pretty cover without the dust-jacket on.

Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales by Angela Carter & Hollow City (again) by Ransom Riggs 

No comments:

Post a Comment