Thursday 7 August 2014

Top ten books I'd recommend to people who haven't tried dystopian novels


1.) Brave New World - Aldous Huxley. Actually the first one that I ever read, so it holds a special place in my heart and gets top spot!

2.) More Than This - Patrick Ness. I loved everything about this book. Definitely recommend for a twisty and chilling plot-line!

3.) Blood Red Road - Moira Young. Feisty heroine, brilliant setting, and brutal plot - what more can I say.

4.) 1984 - George Orwell. Why not throw a classic in there? I know they aren't YA but they are fantastic and make you really glad you live in today's society.

5.) The Chaos Walking trilogy - Patrick Ness. It's got a fantastic story and characters you fall in love with, but also runs the risk of tears and suspense induced bitten down finger nails - read with caution.

6.) A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess. Freaky as shit. I love it.

7.) The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins. Of course - it's GREAT if you're just starting to read novels with a dystopian setting.

8.) Angel. - L.A. Weatherly. Don't know if you can technically class this as dystopian, but it definitely involves a society I WOULD NOT want to live in when it all goes to hell.

9.) Dark Inside - Jeyn Roberts. Nitty, gritty, and sure as hell not pretty.

10.) Divergent - Veronica Roth. Okay, I'm going to choose this one because it's so popular. The first book is immense, but I've been put-off reading the 2nd and 3rd because of all the negativity I've heard about it. BUT I think the first book was perfect, so there.



No comments:

Post a Comment