Saturday 26 July 2014

Top ten (well, eight) characters I'd want on a deserted island with me


Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish :) 

1) Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices because I could stare at him all day, and he could play a violin crafted from the wood of a coconut tree or something, to pass the time of course. We could have deep philosophical talks. Plus, you know, he's a shadowhunter so he's pretty practical at the whole surviving thing.

2) Katniss from The Hunger Games because duh. She's probably on everyone's list and if she can survive The Hunger Games she can survive an island - plus she's pretty loyal so I wouldn't have to worry about her disappearing on a one person raft without me.

3) Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments because he could probably just zap us out of there efficiently. Unless it was a deserted island in hell or something. This holds true for a myriad of other magical folk, as well.

4) Cas from Anna Dressed in Blood because he's pretty badass and I feel like we'd get along. He could talk to me about the woes of loving a dead, vengeful spirit etc. Plus if any demons just randomly showed up...

5) Jacon Portman from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children because hopefully there's a loop on the island that we can disappear into, and of course I discover that I too am in fact peculiar.

6) Katsa from Graceling because she's one kick-ass female character and I feel like she could teach me to defend myself. We could all work together to build a raft and get off the island.

7) Fred and George from Harry Potter because if I'm going to be stuck on a island it may as well be hilarious. Plus, you know, the whole wizard thing might be helpful.

8) Viola from The Chaos Walking because she's one of my favourite YA female characters and she survived crash landing on a scary new planet, so I'm pretty sure we could survive on a measly island.

And I've run out of other people I'd want there, knowing me I'll probably think of a couple later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment