Tuesday 14 October 2014

Top Ten Places Books Have Made Us Want To Visit



1) The Nevernever
Julie Kagawa made it sound so mysterious and awesome, and yeah I'd probably die in a second flat but still...it looks cool.

2) Middle Earth
This is more based on the film considering I've only just started reading the book, but still I think it'd be beautiful and, as with the Nevernever, pretty deadly.

3) The world Todd lives on in The Knife of Never Letting Go
I don't know why but I think it'd be fascinating!

4) New York
I thought Cassandra Clare was really good at setting up an image of the city in my mind, and I've always wanted to go anyway.

5) Japan
I love Japan, like a lot and I've been studying the culture for a while, but Memoirs of a Geisha was a kicker for me.

6) London
I actually live in England so this one is feasible, and I have been once before, but I'd like to go again. There's been a lot of recent books (and old ones) set in London and they make it seem more charming than I remember is being, so I think I better give it another go, eh?

7) The alternative universe (as I like to think) from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
I just seem to be picking places that will kill me...but this sounds so awesome.

8) Can I just say America? I know that's pretty vague but...
All the books seem to be set in America and it might be nice to understand some of the references without googling them,

Because America is such a vague/massive one I might just let it fill in 9 & 10. ;) (i.e. I can't think of any more.)


No comments:

Post a Comment